Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

My little baker


So I thought it would be fun for Sadie and I to bake some cookies together. I carefully set out all the ingredients in separate bowls so that she could help mix them in and so I could make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. She had a blast and I assured her that after her bath the cookies that Sadie and mommy made would be ready to eat. However to my dismay this is how they came out, totally flat, and yes I remembered the baking soda! Micah lovingly reminded me that this wasn't the first time my cookies have come out like this so I can't blame my assistant. She enjoyed one anyhow and I personally like the dough better anyway. So if anyone has a good recipe send it my way.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I have a secret recipe. But cannot divulge online. So give me a jingle and I will let you in on the best choco cookie recipe!

Celeste Dodge said...

I just use the recipe on the back of the chocolate chips, but a few things I have learned that work for me is to use one stick of butter and one stick of margarine. I don't let it get too melty either. Also, maybe you need new baking soda? Someone recommended that to me once.

Dana Hansen said...

love the pic, the face your making is great.
Too funny!!!

I love you both....xoxo

Paul/Heather said...

its the butter! I agree with Celeste.
I prefer the dough myself...and in a piggly way want to make some right now at 1030 at night. :)
Thanks for the updates, its great to find them every once in awhile.
HUGS