Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My rainy Thursday

This week I got my clearance badge to volunteer in Sadie's special day class. I went today. I cried all the way home.

Let me start by saying that the teachers are great. I really do think that they are doing all they can. There is just so many children and not enough hands. All of these children's disabilities are on so many different levels it's impossible to address their needs as a class. It was only one day. I know I need to give it another chance but there will be much pondering and praying about what to do.

When we got home Sadie kept trying to go outside in the rain. I could not get her mind off of the loud raindrops pinging at the window. I came down to put a child lock on the front door. Sadie started to protest, then looked in my eyes and said "Nie Nie want to say hi to the rain" she opened the door again and said "Hi rain" and waved. I then carried her outside to wash away all our worries.

3 comments:

Paul/Heather said...

Playing in the rain is fun. Isaac loves to just be outside in the snow-just to stomp his snow boots and feel the crunch.

Unknown said...

Niki,

That just brings tears to my eyes. What a cute name she calls you. Rain is so soothing and relaxing, hope it really washed away all your worries!! Miss you lots!

Maria said...

Nicki. You are the sweetest mom ever. I am so sorry that you have to experience all of this. I just love you! Call me to talk soon!
maria