Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bro is walking and Sadie is Blowing bubbles!!!

Yes! Our little Micah is WALKING!!! He just got up one morning and took some steps. Micah and I looked at each other with watery eyes. We both felt the exact same: Elated with his progress, relieved that he is developing normally and a tiny bit of sadness that Sadie still can't walk as well as he can. Mostly elated though! He is walking everywhere! He is so steady it's really quite amazing to me. He comes and grabs my hand to pull me places. He comes and looks for me when I'm out of sight. I can't help but love the attention:) He really is the sweetest child and gives me looks that melt my heart 200 times a day.

Next: Sadie is blowing bubbles!!! For some this may not seem to be much but if you new how long it has taken for us to get her to move her lips into the different shapes we use to speak, this is a major milestone! Today at physical therapy Sadie picked up the bubble wand and instead of her lips doing nothing while air blew out of her nose, she shaped her lips into a perfect "o" and a steady stream of bubbles came out the other side!! The best part was how proud of her self she was! Before I could say anything She said "I so excited!" (Thats what I say when she accomplishes something). She is just doing so well! She is starting to get out "m" sounds. Any movement of her lips has been hard for her in the past. She has low tone in her muscles there so normal things we do without thinking like drinking from an open cup and forming words are hard for her and she really has to concentrate. She is starting to say "mommy" really clearly but mostly keeps calling me "nie nie" I don't really mind I think I would be a bit sad if she stopped altogether.

All in all I really could not be happier right now. What on earth could be better then seeing these breakthroughs in your children's development. I can never take anything for granted it is all miraculous.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Dude, Thanks for the update. I like when kids do stuff too, it makes them more fun.

Evansfamily said...

I always love reading your blog...you are such a great mother. I know you have to deal with more than most..but you seem to do it so beautifully. (I am your sister Jacki's friend by the way :) It is great to see your daughter making so much progress.