Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Curse you Bob the Builder (with shaking clinched fist held high)


Sadie gets really excited about things, to the point where it's to overwhelming to talk about. She dicovered Bob the Builder on Sprout one day and started to go around talking about all the characters. However when we try to talk about it with her she would yell "No No be quiet!" and put her hand over our mouths. My husband finally made a break through one day when he made a color accosiation. " Hey Rolley is green like your shorts Sadie" he said to her. She grinned the cutest grin and said "oh yes he is! Green like ME!" From then on we could ask her" What color is Rolley? and she would say "green like my shorts". That was all we were aloud to ask about Bob the Builder for another week. She slowly began to make other color associations as she started to like the other characters more and more. Now everything that is blue is "Blue like Lofty" If it's orange it's "Orange like Dizzy". The great thing is is that we can talk about this show she loves with her now and she will let us pretend with her (for a few moments) but it's better then not at all like everything else. So this is all great and good, her therapists are a little conserned about Bob the builder being mentioned in every instance and inserted into every song (isn't your favorite song " It's a Small Rolley after ALL") but I think it's a phase......................Oh Nicki it's the PRIMARY PROGRAM THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!! CURSE YOU BOB THE BUILDER! So far practices have been short of a nightmare. You know how when you get overwhelmed and you just want to scream but you don't? Sadie feels that way all the time and she does. Her escape is Bob the Builder now so she randomly start to shrill out the Bob the Builder theme song in the middle of the program. "Follow the profit" is now "Follow the Rolley" and don't you worry Dizzy, Scoop, Muck, Loftey and yes even Pilchard find there way in every reverent sweet primary song. I sure hope the thoughts of the primary presidency match there nice simpethetic faces. I just don't know them that well to ask. It's not like they are going to ask me to kick Sadie out of the primary program, they love her. What would you do? Feel free to comment I'm so not easily offended. So far my plan is to just pray so very hard that no one notices and Micah will be on stand by if it's to overwhelming for her. Trust me I am really giggling at my dilemma. I will be sure to let you know how it goes down tomorrow.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Laughing so hard right now..... I don't know what else to say... Good luck!

Vanessa said...

I am in the primary presidency in my ward and we have 120 active children and all with unique circumstances which ensues craziness on a weekly basis. But I am sure that your presidency loves her as much as I love my primary children and I'm sure they will completely ok with what ever happens!

Joyce said...

dude, Let it be...she rocks and everyone knows it.