Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I haven't posted in soooo long! I guess moving will do that to you. Sorry no pictures yet, there isn't much to show as far as our house goes. I had dreams of sweeping in and making it instantly organized and beautiful. I know you already home owners are laughing and those of you who know meeeee are laughing harder. I constantly yern to be organized and yet fight this genetically messy demond inside me that would rather do anything but dishes. Moving into a very unkept house was slightly overwhelming it still is a little. I seriously thought we made a huge mistake until Sadie's first day in her new program in the Temecula school district. This SDC (special day class) is so organized and they have so many qualified helpers in the room. Every child's needs are being met in this class. I feel so at ease everyday I drop her off, plus there is no sand for her to dump in her hair, need I say more. Her IEP meeting went so well, instead of fighting with the people that are supposed to be helping your kiddo I wanted to throw my arms around them and cry tears of joy, I refrained of course but wow what a difference from our last program. I get emails from her therapists and every two months a progress report regarding each of her IEP goals! This is major! I've never seen a team work together so well for my Sadie. It's like every teacher and therapist know her every goal and they are all implementing them throughout her school day, and they keep me updated about it!!!!! Sooo worth living on ugly pink tile and no base boards, any way as far as a special need program I couldn't ask for more. Next month Sadie will be put in a class that models a typical kindergarden class with more typical pers. This program is to gage whether or not she will be mainstreamed next year. Kind of excited but kind of nervous about it. She just keeps doing so well! She has caught up to where she needs to be cognitively. She is doing much better socially and her speech gets better all the time (still using G for B and P) She has regressed a little with her walking but she is a determined little girl.

Little Micah just turned two. He talks up a storm! I love it! His new response to everything is "yeah yeah" (I think his uncle Dave taught him that). He is super into Toy story. He ran up to us yesterday with Hamm the pig and said " docker po cha" (dr. Porkchop) sorry but there is not a more adorable two year old on this earth! Sadie is loving everything "Tangled". She tries to get Bro to play with Flynn Rider, infact he is the only one who can touch Flynn because according to her he is a boy and so is bro. This formula however does not carry over to daddy for some reason.

All in all life is splendid and would be a little more splendid with a personal assistant, professional organizer and hardwood floors.

No comments: