Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chickens?

Doesn't this picture make keeping chickens look glamorous? Can't you just see me in a fun summery dress with some bright colored garden boots tending to a couple hens? Alright so common sense and "Animal Farm" tells me that chickens don't equal glamor however I seriously want chickens!

Ok so right now I think I want chickens. I ordered this book by Ashley English from amazon and it just arrived today, so I will let you know how badly I feel I need chickens in my track home back yard after I read the book.I know I'm crazy because I actually have negative time in my life but I think when Sadie is in kindergarden I can possibly put in the time to clean and care for chickens. I have called the city and I am totally allowed to have a couple chickens in a coop in my yard. I just need something else going on. I have this vision of myself cooking healthy meals from my organic garden (while the kids play with the chickens). I am an knowledgeable advocate that helps other moms like me , while being Sadie's Girl Scout troop leader, constantly blogging about it and sending in so many manuscripts to children's book publishers I can't keep track. Oh and my floors are wood. (Sigh) Maybe it could happen. Until then I'm reading this chicken book and possibly investing in the yellow garden boots to keep the dream alive.

1 comment:

Chris said...

yes yes yes! get Chickens and post pictures of them. Just do it! Way better idea than a dog.