Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

so very far

It doesn't seem so long ago when we were pleading with Sadie to point to a picture of Mommy or Daddy or herself when she was two years old. I remember sobbing while screaming her name half hoping for just a glance and half hoping she was deaf rather than autistic. Anyone who met Sadie today would not beleive it. It puts a smile on my face to think of how far she has come. I hesitate to say "how lucky are we" because it is not so much luck as it is this little girls determination. Of course I feel blessed, blessed that we have all had the strength and support to make it this far.

Sadie just graduated preschool (in May, yeah a little behind here). I am so excited and scared about kindergarten. She's not quite 5 yet, but she's too smart for another year of preschool and staying home threatens social regression in her case. I've tried to remember my kindergarten class. I remember a yellow tulip dress and Mr. Vidola playing the keyboard, (hey a kindergarten teacher rocking out on the keyboard- I never pondered how cool that actually is). I was so very shy however, I cringed at contention and anything rowdy. I remember "when in doubt go color". In truth Sadie will manage much better. She had an incredible teacher this last year. Ms. Adi's class was unbelievably organized and Sadie couldn't get away with her antics. I always knew that when I left Sadie in Ms. Adi's class she was safe and equally as important, always progressing. I hope you get to read this Ms. Adi and I thank you dearly for being the wonderful person you are!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Oh my goodness. She looks so grown up. So excited for her to start Kindergarten. She really has come so far. What a beautiful little girl.